Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Weddings

Got a message that someone called today wondering what had happened and where I was. As the caller pointed out, I usually inform when I will be out. And I do. And this time I didn't. I cannot tell you  how wonderful it is to have someone call the church to make sure I am okay.

I was in Johnson City this weekend, at the other end of Tennessee. 499.6 miles. That was some driving. We left Thursday after my Bible study (me, mom, and baby) and arrived at 1:00 am the next morning. It was a wonderful time with wonderful people.

I want to share my thoughts on marriage tomorrow. For now I want to briefly reflect on something off beat. All three of us suffered from sinus issues this past week. And it made me aware of how fragile we humans are. If I feel bad I am usually not worth much and I found that was true for my baby as well. Life on planet earth is not paradise. And I live in a 'bubble' of affluence which provides me with all manner of things which make my journey easier.

500 miles in ten hours. We stopped to eat. There was no threat of death from the elements. No exhaustion or fatigue. Just sit and drive. Amazing. And a phone call away from a doctor back home to get medicine prescriptions called in. And medicine makes us feel better.

Lots to be thankful for.

1 comment:

  1. Imagine traveling 500 miles at any time in history and almost anywhere on earth with out fear of robbers.

    ReplyDelete