Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Pause that Refreshes

I will post again on October  26th.  It has been an amazing experience to share my reflections. Over 500 people have visited in less than three weeks. I pray that it has been a source of inspiration and enlightenment. I am open to suggestions on topics or questions, so e-mail me at Jeff@standrewscollierville.org if you have any.

Taking Sabbath is a command of God. We are required, if we love Him, to actually rest and recreate sometimes. It is easy to be so busy that we lose track of family and friends. I am going to spend time with both. My family is pretty amazing. So are my friends. I am sorry that I am not more aware and thankful. I wonder if I will ever learn to really contemplate and deeply realize how many blessings there are that I just take for granted. "Give us eyes to see, O Lord!" "Give us a heart of thanks!"

My "to do" list sometimes distracts me from seeing all the beauty and blessings. I think the culture just makes it tougher. But I plan to do some pondering and some thinking and some thanking the next week. I hope to rest up and be restored. I hope it is a good time for my family as well. I pray you find some Sabbath rest as well. The Lord bless and keep you!

No comments:

Post a Comment